Splitting areas of land involves 4 steps –
- Draw a line through the field – this represents the cut line that you want to make through the field.
- Select the field – to select the field make sure that the layer that the field belongs to is unlocked (but lock all other layers).
- Select the Cut tool – this is the tool which will split the field in two.
- Click on the line – when you click on the line that you drew through the field, the Cut tool will split the field in two along the length of the line.
- Don’t forget to delete the line once you’re done..!