Survey files created using PocketGIS are in .csv file format, which can be opened, viewed and edited in Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet software).
If your survey file will not import into PTMapper Pro or Treeminder then there are a number of things to check.
- Is the file still open in Excel..? Excel locks files, which prevents other programs from accessing the file. Close Excel and try the import again.
- Have you changed any column details in the .csv file..? If it is a General or BS5837 survey then the column order must not be altered and the names of the column headers can’t be changed.
- Have you added or removed any columns…?
- Have you made changes then accidently saved it as an .xls or .xlsx file..? Neither PTMapper Pro nor Treeminder will import these types of files.
- Are there any blank rows in your .csv file..?
- Are there any trees which have no ID’s…?
- Have you changed the date or time format…? Dates are shown as single numbers in the order – year month day. e.g. 20161225 (25th Dec. 2016). Time is shown in the order – hours minutes seconds e.g. 113000 (exactly half past eleven in the morning).