PTMapper Pro includes a Scheduler tool, which gives you the ability to produce a spreadsheet of fields (or other types of land), listing their Identifier numbers and individual areas in hectares or acres.
The Scheduler tool has two prerequisites which must be included on your map for it to work correctly:
- It only works with polygons (areas) on the map e.g. fields, roads, lakes, rivers, woodland compartments, etc.
- Each polygon (area) must have a unique identifier assigned to it (letters and/or numbers).
You need to find out the individual areas for all of the woodland on an estate:
- Click on the Scheduler tool button
- From the list, select the required map layer(s). Hold down Control on your keyboard to select more than one layer.
- Tick the columns to display. In the screenshot below Layer is the map layer and Area is set to hectares. If you require acres instead then use the Units option (at the top of the screen) to change your default map areas to “Acres”. ID numbers will always be included in the list.
- Click Open to open the list in Excel, or click Save to save the list as a .CSV file (which can be opened and edited in Excel).
The Scheduler tool can be used for almost any type of land (or inland water) use. e.g. play areas, woodland compartments, recreation grounds, stretches of river, lakes, gardens, grazing ground, parking, grass verges, etc.